1. Definition of Personal Information
24-7 defines personal information as information regarding a living individual according to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (name, date of birth, and other information used to identify specific individuals), and includes any information that is used in connection with a specific individual, such as an email address, user ID, password, credit card information, etc., as well as interests, family composition, age, and other attributes related to the individual that are integrated with that individual’s personal information.
2. Cookies and IP Address Information
As cookies and an IP address alone cannot identify a specific individual, such information is not considered personal information. However, in cases when such information is integrated with personal information, we also consider it as personal information. 24-7 shall disclose the purposes and methods of use related to cookies and IP address information used in the media run by 24-7, even if the information does not identify specific individuals. Additionally, cookie information can be blocked via browser settings. We shall make an official announcement in cases in which a service is inaccessible if cookies are disabled.
3. Purpose for Usage of Personal information
24-7 shall endeavor to specify its use of personal information.
4. Restrictions on Usage of Personal Information
Without obtaining the user’s prior consent, 24-7 shall not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of usage, neither shall 24-7 use such information beyond the previously agreed upon limitations of use, even when the personal information is obtained via a merger with another business or any other reason. However, these restrictions shall not apply in any of the following cases.
When specified by laws and regulations:
- In cases where the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the user’s consent
- In cases where the handling of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and where it is difficult to obtain the user’s consent
- In cases where the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperation with a national agency, local government, or any party delegated by them to execute affairs prescribed by any law or ordinance and in which obtaining the user’s consent is likely to impede the execution of those affairs
5. Proper Acquisition of Personal Information
24-7 shall acquire personal information in a proper manner and shall not acquire personal information through deception or any other wrongful means. In addition, 24-7 shall not collect information from children under 15 years old without obtaining their parents’ prior consent.
6. Notification of Purpose for Usage during Acquisition of Personal Information
24-7 shall publicly announce in advance the purpose for use of any personal information provided by users. However, this provision does not apply in the following cases:
- In cases where notifying the user of the purpose for usage or publicly announcing it may harm the customer or a third party’s life, body, property or infringe on other rights
- In cases where notifying the user of the purpose for usage or publicly announcing it is likely to harm any rights or legitimate interests of 24-7
- In cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency or a local government to execute affairs prescribed by any law or ordinance and in which notifying the user of the purpose for utilization or publicly announcing it is likely to impede the execution of those affairs
- In cases where it is deemed that the purpose for usage is clear in consideration of the circumstances of acquisition
7. Changes to the Purpose of Personal Information Use
24-7 shall not change the purpose of usage for personal information beyond the scope that is reasonably relevant to its original purpose, and shall publicly announce or notify the user of any changes to the purpose of usage for personal information.
8. Safe Management of Personal Information and Supervision of Employees
In order to prevent leakage, loss, or damage, and otherwise achieve safe management of personal information, 24-7 shall set basic information security guidelines and an information security policy, and set up an information security committee and conduct proper and sufficient supervision of employees. 24-7 shall conduct proper and sufficient supervision of employees to achieve safe management of personal information by the employees handling it.
9. Supervision of Delegated Parties
If 24-7 shall completely or partially delegate handling of personal information, 24-7 shall enter into a contract that includes the guarantee of data security, or require agreement to conditions set by 24-7, and conduct proper and sufficient supervision of the delegated party to achieve safe management of personal information by the delegated party.
10. Restrictions on Provision to Third Parties
24-7 shall not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining prior consent of the user, except in the following cases.
When specified by laws and regulations:
- The provision of such personal information is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the user’s consent
- The handling of such personal information is necessary for cooperation with a national agency, local government, or any party delegated by them to execute affairs prescribed by any law or ordinance and in which obtaining the user’s consent is likely to impede the execution of those affairs
- 24-7 shall provide notice of or publicly announce any of the following;
- (1) The fact that the provision to a third party is included in the purpose for usage
- (2) The items of the user’s personal information to be provided to a third party
- (3) The means or methods of provision to a third party
- (4) The fact that provision of the user’s personal information to a third party can be discontinued at the request of the user
- However, the above shall not apply to third parties that fulfill the following conditions:
- When 24-7 completely or partially delegates handling of personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose for usage
- When personal information is provided as the result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reason
- When the personal information will be shared with and used by a specific party, and the type of information, scope of parties the information is being shared with, goal of sharing, and name or title of person responsible for the management of the said personal information is made known to the person in question, or the person in question is otherwise provided with a way to easily obtain this information.
- In cases where personal information will be shared with and used by a specific party and there is a change in the purpose of use or the name or title of the person responsible for the management of the said personal information, 24-7 shall notify the user in advance and make such information readily accessible to the person in question.
11. Notification of Facts Related to Personal Information
12. Personal Information Disclosure
24-7 shall disclose personal information without delay if the user requests disclosure of his/her own information. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information in any of the following cases, and in such cases we shall notify the user to that effect without delay.
- In cases where disclosure may possibly harm the user or a third party’s life, body, property, or other rights or interests held by the user or a third party
- In cases where disclosure may seriously impede the proper execution of 24-7’s business
- In cases where disclosure will break any law or ordinance
Additionally, as a general rule, 24-7 shall not disclose any information other than personal information, such as access logs.
13. Correction of Personal Information
If the user requests correction, addition, or deletion (hereinafter, “correction”) of any details of their personal information on the grounds that those details are false, except in cases in which any special procedure is prescribed by law or ordinance, 24-7 shall carry out any necessary investigation without delay within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose for usage and, on the basis of the results, correct those details and notify the user to that effect.
14. Discontinuance of Usage of Personal Information
If the user requests to discontinue usage or delete (hereinafter, “discontinue usage”) personal information on the grounds that the information is being handled in a manner that exceeds the scope of the purpose for usage publicly announced in advance or because the information has been acquired through deception or any other wrongful means, 24-7 shall carry out any necessary inspection of the information without delay and, on the basis of the results, discontinue usage of the information and notify the customer to that effect. However, in case this provision requires excessively large costs or it is otherwise difficult to discontinue usage of the information, 24-7 shall take necessary alternative measures to protect the user’s rights and interests.
15. Explanation of Reasons
If 24-7 shall decide not to 1) send notification regarding the purpose for usage, 2) disclose all or some personal information, 3) discontinue using or delete personal information, or 4) discontinue provision of user’s personal information to any third parties, despite receiving a request from the user, 24-7 shall endeavor to explain the reasons for the decision when notifying the user.
- “Request Form for Personal Information Disclosure” can be received via email.
- When a request for disclosure is made, 24-7 shall ask the user to submit documents to confirm the person who made request is either the user himself/herself or his/her agent.
- Handling fees of ¥800 (consumption tax included) will be charged per each disclosure request.